Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: What game(s) have you been playing lately?  (Read 182390 times)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: What game(s) have you been playing lately?
« Reply #1665 on: November 07, 2018, 09:31:00 AM »
I felt disappointed with Fallout 4 GotY edition. The reason is that I paid full retail for the game and all the DLC stuff, so why the hell do I have to download the DLC off the internet? It should be on the disk Bethesda. Otherwise it's no different then its previous release. I tell ya. Way too internet obsessed these companies are nowadays. All just to save a buck.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #1666 on: November 08, 2018, 02:07:42 AM »
I felt disappointed with Fallout 4 GotY edition. The reason is that I paid full retail for the game and all the DLC stuff, so why the hell do I have to download the DLC off the internet? It should be on the disk Bethesda. Otherwise it's no different then its previous release. I tell ya. Way too internet obsessed these companies are nowadays. All just to save a buck.

All games right now do that. It's sad, but it's the reality.
I think the disc (I know they only used 50gb discs) can't hold all the memory needed for the base game + DLC.
If the base game + DLC's total GB is less than 50GB, then by all means hurl insults to the publisher. lol

Offline Aceearly1993

• Nothing absolute
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • 1993P Doubleguy at Youtube
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« Reply #1667 on: November 14, 2018, 05:29:21 PM »
Finally beat the true story final boss of Azure Striker Gunvolt. The particular true final battle sucks so bad since his critical move is the RNG-based electrical chain that I gave my ass handed so many times. 

And the true ending sucks too that gives me so much bad emotion after watching it. I can't ease my anger after that ending and watched walkthrough videos contain ending spoilers of Gunvolt 2. Still sucks and I doubt it's because it's Inti-Creates product.

(click to show/hide)

Azure Striker Gunvolt series is pretty much like a mixed bag; some people praised them as masterpieces but In my view I think the stage/boss design of Gunvolt 1 is way worse than, hell, Mega Man X6. Thanks goddess you've got infinity lives at every checkpoint so you don't screw the hell up at the fucking elevator boss re-fight "stage".
« Last Edit: November 16, 2018, 01:29:28 AM by Aceearly1993 »
"Did you know when one's most desperation time is? It's when he was beaten up by someone critically...
And he can't find who caused this."

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #1668 on: November 15, 2018, 09:39:55 AM »
All games right now do that. It's sad, but it's the reality.
I think the disc (I know they only used 50gb discs) can't hold all the memory needed for the base game + DLC.
If the base game + DLC's total GB is less than 50GB, then by all means hurl insults to the publisher. lol

The reality is very sad, but it is not necessary. They're only doing it this way to save money despite the fact that discs are very inexpensive to produce. 50 gigs is more then enough for Fallout4 plus all it's DLC content. Look how much they crammed into the Witcher 3. That game was huge yet the base game plus all its DLC content are on the disc. The gaming companies are just trying to save a buck by using the most inexpensive avenue they can find.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Jazz Paladin Productions

• Vampire Hunter
    • Jazz Paladin Productions
    • Awards
« Reply #1669 on: November 15, 2018, 10:10:33 AM »
The reality is very sad, but it is not necessary. They're only doing it this way to save money despite the fact that discs are very inexpensive to produce. 50 gigs is more then enough for Fallout4 plus all it's DLC content. Look how much they crammed into the Witcher 3. That game was huge yet the base game plus all its DLC content are on the disc. The gaming companies are just trying to save a buck by using the most inexpensive avenue they can find.

Agreed. As someone who as been through the entire disc manufacturing process, it really amounts to mere cents to produce a disc when you're a mega corporation that owns the IP for said disc printing, just for the sheer volume of discs produced--the cost gets exponentially smaller as the quantity of discs produced goes up in number.
Jazzyvania: Symphonies of the Knight now available on CD/ Digital platforms! Groove on!
https://www.facebook.com/jazzpaladinproductions/?fref=ts
[img width= height=]http://jazzpaladin.com/Transparent%20Banner%203.gif[/img]

Offline VladOfWallachia

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1670 on: November 16, 2018, 10:24:46 PM »
Tetris Effect is amazing.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #1671 on: November 16, 2018, 11:28:09 PM »
Been on a Castlevsnia kick. Revisited HOD, AOS, DOS, POR, and finally finished OOE. Now I'm playing through COD which I never got more than maybe 4 hours into previously, and this time around I'm actually kind of enjoying myself.

Apart from that, I've beaten three Yakuza games since the summer: Kiwami 1, 2, and Y0. I'd love to hop into Y3 especially since I own all the PS3 games and would like to barrel my way through to the end with 6, but at this point I figure I may as well wait for the PS4 remasters since they're 1080p60fps. Also, I'd imagine 3 will benefit from a better translation, and it would just be weird to see all the characters referred to by their given names if I played the PS3 version.

...So in the meantime I'm playing the new Fist of the North Star, since it's basically Yakuza anyway, lol.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #1672 on: November 18, 2018, 09:19:46 PM »
King of Fighters 94 Rebout PS2, and Japanese Saturn Bomberman, now that I own them, as well as Super Bomberman 4 and 5 SFC as I own them now as well.

Offline Super Waffle

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • The zone
    • Awards
« Reply #1673 on: November 22, 2018, 10:24:36 AM »
hey guys should I get that Warriors Orochi 4 game?

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
  • He just nice, he just slice - like a ginsu
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #1674 on: November 22, 2018, 04:25:46 PM »
Well, I bought 2 copies of Monster Hunter World for cheap. The chances are I won't play them so they'll be given away as Xmas gifts.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<[Judgement]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

**<<<<<SuperCVIV>COTM<<<<<<<<+
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^
                                 ^      l   v  ^    +<<<<<<<BE
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^  
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     BE>>> VK<**   
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     ^          ^   
            +<<<<<Legends>HC>OOS>LOD>64        ^
            v                           l              ^                ^
            v                           l     BE>> * <<<BE     RE
            v                           l      ^               ^       ^
LOI>CVIII>COD>AR>BR>CVC>CVII>HOD>ROB>SOTN>OOE>BL>POR>AOS>DOS
                                                                          v
                                                                          BE>*
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline suomynona

• Vampire Hunter
  • Bloodstained : Delay of the Night
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #1675 on: November 24, 2018, 05:39:00 PM »
Final Fantasy XIV

now been playing like an year or so. Can tell that it is one of the best games I've played

Offline Aceearly1993

• Nothing absolute
  • Vampire Hunter
    • 1993P Doubleguy at Youtube
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« Reply #1676 on: November 25, 2018, 06:33:57 PM »
The Azure Striker Gunvolt Special Mission 5 is possible but fucking brutal. I hate this design that every boss has one million HP and with super moves unable to interrupt - the Mega Man X8 shit - though player also has one sweet default super move but never change the fact that Special Mission 5 is the shittiest thing I've ever played. There's just brutal execute super moves or die sections on Nova phase 2. Asimov feels like he has billions of stamina while he can easily kill my level 60-ish Gunvolt by two hits and I encountered a glitch while the ground thunder he summons comes continuously at EVERY THREE SECONDS. Then I have no choice but rage quit, close the computer, and restart the game the next day. After vanquishing this horrible Special Mission 5, there's only anguish left and no actual feel of achievement at all.

But good news is... I've finally done with this game...! Nor do I care about those stupidly ridiculous Steam achievements, my only remaining wish is they should release the rest of Gunvolt series title to Steam - FOR A COMPLETE SAGA!
« Last Edit: November 27, 2018, 04:03:41 AM by Aceearly1993 »
"Did you know when one's most desperation time is? It's when he was beaten up by someone critically...
And he can't find who caused this."

Offline VladOfWallachia

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1677 on: November 28, 2018, 11:00:34 AM »
Started playing Valkyria Chronicles IV. Loving it so far. I was a big fan of the original, disliked the sequel, and never played 3. VC IV feels like the first true sequel, even though not much has changed from the original. Still, I’m having a blast.

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #1678 on: December 01, 2018, 01:31:49 AM »
King of Fighters 94 Rebout, Super Bomberman 4 and 5, and Saturn Bomberman

Offline Jazz Paladin Productions

• Vampire Hunter
    • Jazz Paladin Productions
    • Awards
« Reply #1679 on: December 01, 2018, 08:56:39 AM »
Bonk's Adventure and Bonk's Revenge.

Jazzyvania: Symphonies of the Knight now available on CD/ Digital platforms! Groove on!
https://www.facebook.com/jazzpaladinproductions/?fref=ts
[img width= height=]http://jazzpaladin.com/Transparent%20Banner%203.gif[/img]

Tags:

anything