Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: What game(s) have you been playing lately?  (Read 232781 times)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: What game(s) have you been playing lately?
« Reply #1740 on: October 04, 2019, 12:36:14 AM »
Did my first play-through of Borderlands 3. While the game's enjoyable there seems to be a lot of issues with it, which is a damned shame as so many people were waiting for this one for quite some time. Hopefully when it's re-released later on with all the DLC they'll have the problems ironed out *cross's fingers*
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #1741 on: October 12, 2019, 03:52:49 PM »
Currently ran into blazing hot discussion regarding Mega Man X6 Tweak patcher in other forums, will provide them modified title screens if I had such spare time or skills acediez explained to me how the title screen works and I doubt the modify process would be too complicated.  Test versions after 2.0 are enough to make it a totally separate game, really looking forward to its formal release at romhacking.net.

Now I'm on a quest of hunting those modern metroidvanias I ignored purposely after the launch of Mighty Gunvolt Burst Steam port, also looking forward to release of Gensokyo Night Festival

MMX6 tweak patcher is getting an update? SWEET! Now it's going to be hell getting that rom again since the 2.0 specification can only be found in obscure means. My time with it was the best time with X6 ever.

Mighty Gunvolt Burst is good, be sure to have an auto-fire button handy though.

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Aceearly1993

• Nothing absolute
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • 1993P Doubleguy at Youtube
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« Reply #1742 on: October 12, 2019, 04:54:59 PM »
MMX6 tweak patcher is getting an update? SWEET! Now it's going to be hell getting that rom again since the 2.0 specification can only be found in obscure means. My time with it was the best time with X6 ever.

Mighty Gunvolt Burst is good, be sure to have an auto-fire button handy though.

Mega Man X6 Tweaks Patcher 2.0 WIP discussion boards

It's currently in WIP state and it seems acediez has something more to be planned for the tweaks patcher (boss attack speed, indestructible boss projectiles, etc.) I contributed title screen graphic data from an obscure PC version and acediez got it implemented in the latest WIP as one of the localization options.

« Last Edit: October 12, 2019, 05:12:16 PM by Aceearly1993 »
"Did you know when one's most desperation time is? It's when he was beaten up by someone critically...
And he can't find who caused this."

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1743 on: October 13, 2019, 10:58:35 AM »
Bought Dragon Quest XI definitive edition for the Switch several days ago. I also bought the online re-releases of Dragon Quest's I, II, and III. They're the Super Famicom versions so the graphics are up to par with other 16-bit RPGs of the time. Minus the off-scaled characters of course. They look kinda odd and clash somewhat with the older graphics. Not sure why they decided that was the way to go... But I've been waiting a while for these three games to be released and not have to worry about messing around with rom glitches.

-UPDATE-

Finally knuckled-down and bought the Castlevania Legacy collection. The controls aren't as bad as I thought they'd be. All I had to do was move my thumb over to the last two buttons and I could easily button-mash from there. SCV4 I had no problems with in terms of controls as the in-game menu allowed me to button-map to my play-style as I would with the original SNES title.
Besides that I also picked up Timespinner. What a strange game. It almost felt like Axiom Verge in terms of the alien environment as I played through it. That was until I went into the past. The graphics are gorgeous (though dark and gritty sometimes) are colourful. It has that fantasy-Sci-Fi look to it while touching upon a little bit of Victorian era-Jules Verne-ish style for some of the areas. I think I'll pick up BlazeChrome sometime soon as it looked awesome as well.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2019, 12:59:57 AM by X »
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Tags: