Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania Confessions  (Read 54521 times)

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2012, 02:21:18 PM »
I think Symphony of the night is the best Castlevania game in the series.

I hold Super Castlevania IV in very high regard and constantly compare it to other classicvania games as a measuring stick of badassness.

I think Castlevania Lords of Shadow had great graphics and good gameplay but think everything else about the game did not feel very castlevania like until you got to the castle and vampires and even then it wasn't enough to save it since the soundtrack kinda ruined the mood with its hollywood score music and the utter lack of variety when in different areas.

I think Castlevania Portrait of Ruin was definitely the lamest out of the DS titles.

I actually enjoyed Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow a lot but hated the drawing system being such a focal point of the game.

I actually enjoyed Castlevania Judgements gameplay but disliked everything else.

I think IGA showed fans that he had learned from his mistakes with giving us Order of Ecclesia and believe if he had been given a chance could have delivered once again with a great CV experience.

I am actually looking forward to seeing more of LOS2 since I hear its going to be "open world" which sounds pretty darn interesting.

I think Mirror of Fate messed up by giving Alucard a freaken whip in the game.

I think Castlevania 3 Dracula's Curse should be remade into a 2.5D game similar to Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles and that it should be released on Xbox Live,Playstation Network, and Wii U.

I still believe Richter to be the strongest and most badazz of the belmonts despite him being controlled in symphony of the night.

I would love to see Saint Germain return in future CV games (possibly the battle of 1999 game).

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2012, 03:27:26 PM »
+1
i think charlotte aulin is really hot :-*

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2012, 05:21:50 PM »
+1
i think charlotte aulin is really hot :-*
Is she even legal? :-X
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline Zetheraxza

• Vampire Hunter
  • Romantically Justified...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2012, 06:38:43 PM »
DoS Yoko is where it is at. The new Outfit was just fiiiiiine  ;D

Offline muteKi

• \( •_•)_†
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2012, 07:15:13 PM »
Out of all the games in the series, CV4 is by far the one I dislike the most; it is too long and plodding (as I've said other places, there is a level subsection where you spend half a minute just hanging by the whip while the room spins around you), the spritework is pretty inconsistent, the bosses are almost all cheap assholes who don't take strategy to beat but just a rapid-fire controller, and the music is very hit-or-miss and a lot of the better music is marred by terrible samples, especially the one for the piano. Dracula X for SNES is still cheap and grindy but the art and music are obviously much better overall.

Similarly, Dawn of Sorrow was much more fun than Aria of Sorrow, which was too easy (and too grindy) for me to enjoy, though I find it frustrating that both required soul-grinding in order to get the good ending. At least Dawn's necessary souls were pretty common and easy to find. Whatever better story AoS might have had over DoS flew right past me in the face of a pretty poor localization and very little dialogue in the first place. The one thing I'll give it is that the touchscreen stuff in DoS was pretty mediocre.

Ecclesia had pretty terrible music up until the battle with Albus; while a few of the songs up until that point are decent, most of them are pretty dull and some of them are just dissonant and directionless. Which makes the fact the rest of the game has actually really good music all the more striking, granted, but only serves to grind down my patience at what's basically the first half of the game.

Offline Kamirine

• Welcome to Fright Night.
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2012, 08:21:37 PM »
+2
-After playing LoS a second time, I was able to see/appreciate how much of a nod they gave to the older games--or rather, pre-IGA timeline/SOTN-esque games.

-Though I love IGA and most of the SOTN-esque titles, I'm actually glad his reign is over: I got bored with always hunting around the castle, not using actual Belmonts, and the gameplay style in general was really starting to get stale.  Even if I'm not overly fond of the LoS, it's just nice to see the series go in and continue to go in new directions. Though I do regret we never got our 1999 game.

-Castlevania 64 = a game that, had it met it's potential, possibly would have and could have been the series' best 3D outing.

-I'm actually happy that the Legend's story isn't canon, though I do wish Sonia (reworked) was.

-I don't like that Satan was the final boss of LoS and will be severally disappointed if he is again for LoS2 or any future LoS entry.

-For a few years after watching Captain N, I really did think Simon was a narcissistic pilot in the games.

-I own, like, and still play Castlevania Judgement. And I actually liked some of the personalities they gave some of the characters. (Namely Grant.)

-I like the art style for LoS better than I did Ayami's for the series. (Even if I did like hers.)

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2012, 06:05:02 PM »

I'm currently playing a Paladin in D&D whose name is Belmont and he uses a whip.

Arent whips kind of bad as far as weapons go in DnD? I almost went for one once, but was not really impressed by it's output... it was like, 1d3 or something? Then again, I was not a paladin and was an artificer who wasnt really playing his role right. so...
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Harrycombs

• Monster fan
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #37 on: December 09, 2012, 06:14:00 PM »
+1
I don't like The Adventure.
I have never been able to finish Castlevania 3, or Circle of the Moon.
I didn't enjoy OoE.
I have never played Legacy of Darkness despite loving CV64. I really need to get around to that.
The first time I played through Bloodlines, I gave myself more lives in the options... and still used savestates.
The dream reveals the reality, which conception lags behind. That is the horror of life - the terror of art.

Franz Kafka

Offline Keldor

• Hunter in Training
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
Re: Castlevania Confessions
« Reply #38 on: December 09, 2012, 07:13:41 PM »
+2
I think mine is gonna get the most heat outta any post on here. I'm not crazy about the lords of shadow games.
Bnl4life

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
« Reply #39 on: December 09, 2012, 07:34:39 PM »
+4
I think mine is gonna get the most heat outta any post on here. I'm not crazy about the lords of shadow games.

*pft* Hahaha

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: December 09, 2012, 10:34:57 PM »
I have another one, although it's collection-related. I just took two CV arcade marquees and two CV promo posters to get custom framed, and I have to keep them at the store until the frames are done. I'm not gonna lie, that makes me a tad nervous right now.  :-[
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #41 on: December 10, 2012, 03:16:31 AM »
+4
I'm happy with the LoS saga.

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #42 on: December 10, 2012, 02:12:44 PM »
Arent whips kind of bad as far as weapons go in DnD? I almost went for one once, but was not really impressed by it's output... it was like, 1d3 or something? Then again, I was not a paladin and was an artificer who wasnt really playing his role right. so...

Yes they are very bad. However, my whip does 2D6 but doesn't get the extra length that a whip gets. So, normally they're 1D3 but mines special.

Offline Bergaron

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
« Reply #43 on: December 12, 2012, 03:40:44 AM »
- Before Lord of Shadow my last Castlevania was "Super Castlevania IV".

- Dislike Devil My Cry but I love Lord of Shadow mmm .. something must be different ...

- When I was 10 my parents gave me the NES and SimonQuest. It was the only game I had for a year. I passed an entire school curse with the little English I had to learn to pass the game (all my essays were about vampires, whips etc. .. the only vocabulary I knew). P.S. Now I've forgotten all the English (24 years later ..).

- I've never played a Metroidvania, simply because SuperMetroid (SNES) did not like .. I got bored.
"He who fights monsters should beware, lest he become a monster himself"

Offline SiFi270

• The Red Cyclone
  • Hunter in Training
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2209069/SiFi270
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« Reply #44 on: December 12, 2012, 01:59:56 PM »
+1
Upon finding out that the dates on Dracula's tombstone at the end of Simon's Quest mean that neither Lament of Innocence nor Legends can be canon, I've gone into something of a personal crisis.
Pfft. Like anything's ever going here

Tags: