Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania Confessions  (Read 54494 times)

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #105 on: December 25, 2012, 09:55:40 PM »
Castlevania 2 is the only game in the series I never went back to play a second time. I even played CotM a second time while I was waiting for Aria to come out and don't even much like that game.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Successor The Cruel

• In brightest day, in blackest night, no evil shall escape my sight. Let those who worship evil's might...
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Beware my Power! Green Lantern's Light!
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Chapel of Resonance
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #106 on: December 26, 2012, 02:47:33 AM »
-Castlevania will always be in my mind, the best example of the eternal struggle between good and evil and I hate when incredibly wierd games like DoS and OoE try to complicate that.

What's weird about Order of Ecclesia?
Just asking for the sake of conversation and out of curiosity, not necessarily to challenge your view, by the way.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #107 on: December 26, 2012, 07:27:46 AM »
+1
-Whenever I get a chance (especially at home), I perform the "Belmont Walk", especially when climbing stairs.  Sometimes I change it into the OoT Link Shield run though. :P

The Belmont Walk
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Superhunter

• The last son of CV
    • Awards
Re: Castlevania Confessions
« Reply #108 on: December 26, 2012, 07:47:58 AM »
What's weird about Order of Ecclesia?
Just asking for the sake of conversation and out of curiosity, not necessarily to challenge your view, by the way.

Just the whole deal with the belmonts disappearing, and with the glyph system, mainly the glyph system, it was just so far fetched in my opinion, but now that I think about it, I guess it doesn't really complicate the good and evil thing, just some of the game was so out there that I felt like I was playing a cartoon, which is funny because I loved its art style.

Offline Successor The Cruel

• In brightest day, in blackest night, no evil shall escape my sight. Let those who worship evil's might...
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Beware my Power! Green Lantern's Light!
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Chapel of Resonance
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #109 on: December 26, 2012, 08:13:01 AM »
^ It wasn't actually Order of Ecclesia that initially suggested the notion of the Belmonts not being around. It just kind of solidified it. The first game to suggest something wasn't quite the norm was Bloodlines, with the introduction of John Morris. There is a string of games that also has a bunch of other non-Belmont characters using whips and confronting Dracula. Even though those games aren't in the canon that IGA put together, I think they still had their effect on things, somewhat. It's interesting to note that all those games take place in the time period when the Belmonts aren't around. In my view, Order of Ecclesia actually offered some exposition as to why the 1800s and 1900s (aside from 1999) were so weird, for lack of a better term.

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #110 on: December 26, 2012, 11:23:51 AM »
The Belmonts *have* to be missing in action at some point, otherwise the original Dracula novel which appears to be mostly in-canon, wouldn't make any sense.

Offline Odile Kuronuma

• I'm ze man errr.... woman
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #111 on: December 26, 2012, 02:14:35 PM »
+1
When I first saw the artwork for Sotn back in 1997 in a video game magazine, I thought that Maria and Lisa were the same person(I was 8 years old back then). I also thought that Maria/Lisa was Alucard's sister  ;D.
Well in my defense I'll say that Lisa looks pretty young in her artwork, so it's hard to imagine that  she's Alucard's mother. And I used to think that Alucard and Maria could brother and sister, since they kinda look alike(blond hair and the fact that Alucard looks effeminate). Again I was 8 , so it's kinda normal to make those mistakes, especially if you take into consideration that I used to steal those vg magazines from my brother, because he was so possessive with his magazines and even his console. That explains why I didn't get to play Sotn back then.

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #112 on: December 26, 2012, 03:00:14 PM »
When I first saw the artwork for Sotn back in 1997 in a video game magazine, I thought that Maria and Lisa were the same person(I was 8 years old back then). I also thought that Maria/Lisa was Alucard's sister  ;D.
Well in my defense I'll say that Lisa looks pretty young in her artwork, so it's hard to imagine that  she's Alucard's mother. And I used to think that Alucard and Maria could brother and sister, since they kinda look alike(blond hair and the fact that Alucard looks effeminate). Again I was 8 , so it's kinda normal to make those mistakes, especially if you take into consideration that I used to steal those vg magazines from my brother, because he was so possessive with his magazines and even his console. That explains why I didn't get to play Sotn back then.

That's cute. :) reminds me of how cool and important gaming magazines were back in the day. And how little information really got around. The internet was still mostly a collection of amateur homages complete with pointless animated gifs, so for serious news (and often the only source of news) you had to go to magazines. Provided I wasn't a huge gamer at the time, but everyone at school respected their importance.

Offline Green Stranger

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #113 on: December 26, 2012, 03:12:09 PM »
-Whenever I get a chance (especially at home), I perform the "Belmont Walk", especially when climbing stairs.  Sometimes I change it into the OoT Link Shield run though. :P

The Belmont Walk

Lol wow!! Upload a video. I gotta see this.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Awards
« Reply #114 on: December 26, 2012, 03:52:46 PM »
NO WAI!
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #115 on: December 26, 2012, 04:08:15 PM »
I confess that I fully intend to make my next girlfriend a SotN Succubus outfit so I can go with her to the local fetish party in a matching Incubus outfit.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
« Reply #116 on: December 26, 2012, 06:29:57 PM »
I think Bloodlines is a pretty shitty game

I will shank you. You know this, right? SHANK.

*ahem*

- I have never beaten Super Castlevania IV or Dracula's Curse. (I am currently remedying both, but not through emulation)
- I used to think Gabriel was bland and too much of a stoic, but I've grown to love him and the potential for his character. (and he's a Woobie: Destroyer of Worlds)
- I have yet to own Rondo of Blood. I've had several opportunities, but my conscience always gets the better of me.
- I have a Castlevania tattoo
- I have a Castlevania fan-manga idea that has been brewing in my head for years and is my attempt at tying a bunch of loose storylines together and injecting my own characters in a tasteful way, but I haven't ever gotten it out of the concept stage. (even though I firmly believe it could turn out well)
- Bloodlines music takes me to my Happy Place. So does "Crystal Teardrops" from Symphony.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #117 on: December 26, 2012, 07:00:06 PM »
Don't forget about Belmont's Revenge music.  I know you like those too.
You must obey Da Rulez!

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
« Reply #118 on: December 26, 2012, 07:09:17 PM »
What tattoo image did you get? Also, props for the Crystal Teardrops mention, being one of my favorite songs of the series.

Now excuse me while I bleed out all over the floor.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards

Tags: