Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania Confessions  (Read 55965 times)

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #120 on: December 26, 2012, 07:33:16 PM »
The best time to listen to Crystal Teardrops is when you're driving through a winter's night in Manhattan around 12am, streetlights & skyrises all around you and you're enveloped in the mysticism, or when you're on the Verrazano Bridge overlooking the Manhattan skyline, the twilight is very real. You guys should come to my pad in NY, we'll have a great time ¬_¬

this is a sugoi rendition
Crystal Teardrops (Castlevania: Symphony of the Night) on Piano

this song also reminds me of Christmas
Castlevania SOTN: Lost Painting

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #121 on: December 26, 2012, 07:41:20 PM »
For NYC Late-Night, I prefer "The Fragrance of Dark Coffee".
Godot - The Fragrance of Dark Coffee + Rainymood

But "Crystal Teardrops" is nice too... it's just not my favorite SotN piece, I don't like it that much.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #122 on: December 26, 2012, 08:00:09 PM »
Forgive me father, for I have sinned. When I discovered Sypha was really a girl, I fapped three times, and on the third time I called out her name.
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #123 on: December 27, 2012, 01:39:19 AM »
When I played SotN for the first time when I was young, I beat Dracula after gotten revived by Maria and I was like "Woah, I'm pretty good."

When I played Harmony of Dissonance for the first time I was scared of Juste because I thought he was a vampire.   

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #124 on: December 27, 2012, 02:09:38 AM »
-Whenever I get a chance (especially at home), I perform the "Belmont Walk", especially when climbing stairs.  Sometimes I change it into the OoT Link Shield run though. :P

The Belmont Walk

I do this is cross walks but often have to run across towards the end because I took so long.

Offline Green Stranger

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #125 on: December 27, 2012, 06:19:20 AM »
The Belmont Walk might also be good for wiping mud off your shoes being that you can't lift your feet right?

Back in high school I remember once wearing white jeans, black shoes and a black peacoat and trying my best to look like Richter Belmont's SoTN outfit. I also had the matching brown belt, white dress up shirt and somewhat long hair. Nobody knew what I was up to and it didn't look like cosplay either. I would pass by the full length mirrors in the hall and think "that's pretty close". Lol never even told that too the nerdiest of my exes or friends. Damn you guys!!!! :P

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #126 on: December 27, 2012, 07:56:04 AM »
I once tried to find the legendary Castlevania hentai where Maria does the minotaur. I don't know why.
So just now I actually managed to find it on a certain H-gallery site.
For the curious, here's a hint: you may need an account to access its "fjord".
If you really need the specifics though, you'll have to PM me as I can't say anything more without breaking the rules.
As per usual, I simply stumbled upon it instead of actively searching for it. Vintage hentai isn't exactly my thing anyway.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 08:03:39 AM by VladCT »
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
« Reply #127 on: December 27, 2012, 04:40:18 PM »
Don't forget about Belmont's Revenge music.  I know you like those too.

It would be an extremely long list to try and name which songs from which games give me a happy nostalgia high. I picked the ones I did because they stand out the most.

Uzo, it's the Castlevania cross with inverted bat wings from the DS games, which I got on my ankle. (in black ink, though it needs touchups)

Offline Mike Belmont

• Castlevania Fan since 1995
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #128 on: December 28, 2012, 07:49:34 PM »
I have to confess, that the way I knew the Castlevania Saga was... to mistake Wrestlemania with Castlevania III :P... I rented CVIII, and I hope to see WWE wrestlers, but I see a totally different game... AND I LOVE IT!!! And so, my hobby with CV was begin...

-...And finally, I prefer Darksiders to be my first XBox 360 game rather than LoS, am I wrong?  Maybe some day I will aquire LoS...

Even though I hate all related to LoS, I confess that I finally bought it yesterday for 2 reasons:
-It is Castlevania, and
-It cost me 10 dlls :)
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 07:51:19 PM by Mike Belmont »
"This whip, and my kinsmen will destroy you some day. From this day on, the Belmont clan will hunt the night"

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #129 on: December 28, 2012, 08:03:53 PM »
I'm actually enjoying Judgment.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #130 on: December 29, 2012, 09:23:31 PM »
Okay I have a couple for right now

When I was younger I had a crush on carrie  :-[
I dig Syphas judgment version
I have never played Belmont's revenge what the heck is wrong with me.
When I jog I always have the waterfalls of agharta playing and agharta(both of these songs go  very well in the rain  :) )

And I have an absolute love towards legacy of darkness

While I have sotn for dxc I bought it for the ps1 as well because I wanted too.

While I like most cv games As far as "play styles" go for cv I like classic>3d>mv

that is it for now....

Wait a minute one more thing I am quite confused as to why there are no castlevania themed yu0gi-oh cards yet there are gradius,goemon,fuma,and even metal gear so why no cv? i would love to make a deck based around dracula and the belmonts
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Phoenix7786

• Legendary Hunter
  • Neg on that, Chummer
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #131 on: December 29, 2012, 10:57:42 PM »
Wait a minute one more thing I am quite confused as to why there are no castlevania themed yu0gi-oh cards yet there are gradius,goemon,fuma,and even metal gear so why no cv? i would love to make a deck based around dracula and the belmonts

Ok the strangest thing keeps happening. I throw my money at the monitor yet nothing's happening...
12/1/12: Nominated for my 1st award! Thanks to all :D

Offline Super Waffle

• Master Hunter
  • Obliterated CharloNathan and has no regrets
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • The zone
    • Awards
« Reply #132 on: December 30, 2012, 01:11:42 AM »
wtf, this was supposed to go in the Judgment thread.

Offline Nail_Bombed

• Indra's Fire
  • Vampire Hunter
  • What A Horrible Night To Have A Carlsberg
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Metal Ireland
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #133 on: January 03, 2013, 04:10:35 AM »
.... Truth time. I have never been able to beat any of the Classicvania's. Not even Rondo.  :-X
If a man chooses, and a slave obeys, then what are you if you choose to obey?

Offline The Silverlord

• Vampire Hunter
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #134 on: January 03, 2013, 07:17:47 AM »
I haven’t played many of the latter games in the series (Curse of Darkness, Judgement, Harmony of Despair, Arcade or even Rebirth).

It felt good however to get behind and support change in the form of Lords of Shadow, and see more of an adult, grittier side to proceedings.  Admittedly, I didn’t think too much of its storyline.  I didn’t like the slow pacing, inclusion of Satan, or the references to alt-canon characters.

Ayami Kojima’s Soma Cruz painting with the castle and blood red moon in the background is one of my favourites.  It has a haunting, numinous beauty which complements Aria of Sorrow.  For all IGA’s faults I think Aria of Sorrow really captures a high moment: a unique series storyline, rough, washed-out palette and colouring, areas of solitude and isolation, engaging game play with the Tactical Soul System, an understated soundtrack, and superb castle map and pacing.  I feel it’s a well-rounded and cohesive product.

Belmont’s Revenge is probably my most-played Castlevania game (pssst, Neobelmont, you’ve got to try it!).

I don’t like tacked-on game modes.

I still love watching old Hammer horror films.

I think Jorge is one of the best moderators on t’internet.

Tags: