Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: CV fangame that needs just one thing to get off the ground  (Read 109748 times)

Offline Donoffrio

• ladadee~
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - First Place 2014-10-Halloween Sprite Contest 2nd Place Award One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
Re: CV fangame that needs just one thing to get off the ground
« Reply #180 on: September 29, 2011, 12:46:04 AM »
Required sprites for your project 90% done,MMT101.. ;D
Feel free to tell me anything your'e not satisfied with..
And on that note,hows this walking anim? I knw its off-topic but,hey.. :rollseyes:

Offline Mega Man Model T 101

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #181 on: September 29, 2011, 11:51:32 AM »
Well, everything looks good. But I think we could use a more "Belmot-ish" walk for Sophia possibly. Not saying you ditch the other, but make a separate one. First though, let's compare the walking animations thus far. Old first, and then new.

EDIT I see a considerable difference in the animation. So it's a keeper. But I think it should be more of a cutscene walk than an ingame walk. Just my opinion though.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 11:53:22 AM by Mega Man Model T 101 »
The Legend shall live again....

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
  • Whoa dude!what a horrible night for no beer.....
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
« Reply #182 on: September 29, 2011, 01:56:42 PM »
Yeah i agree too. The second animated gif is more accurate. Her hand would probably swing back like that. Very nice my friend!

Taking Edward Scissorhands to a whole new level!

Offline Donoffrio

• ladadee~
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - First Place 2014-10-Halloween Sprite Contest 2nd Place Award One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #183 on: October 01, 2011, 03:06:40 AM »
 :P Whew...Done and done...Now and finally i can focus on working on my own sprites. ;)
Just tell me if anything is missing ok? And btw HOW ever did you put that image under your post? The simon whipping the ghoul i mean..

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #184 on: October 01, 2011, 06:24:39 AM »
I simply made the image, uploaded it on a image hosting site, my photobucket account to be exact, and then made the image hosting within the signature.

As for things that are missing, the only thing really missing in the entire sheet is the subweapon use. Which only requires two frames thankfully. I think anyway. It can use the 5 frames from the whipping animation to lead into it, so you don't need to make a new leading in set, but you just need to make some frames for using the subweapon. Like these two frames.

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #185 on: October 01, 2011, 09:10:02 AM »
:P Whew...Done and done...Now and finally i can focus on working on my own sprites. ;)
Just tell me if anything is missing ok? And btw HOW ever did you put that image under your post? The simon whipping the ghoul i mean..
Let's see her i action now! Also, no slide attack?

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #186 on: October 01, 2011, 07:21:42 PM »
While I may not need the slide, I do need walking up and down the steps. As well as attacking as such. I can't believe I forgot those animations.

Offline Donoffrio

• ladadee~
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #187 on: October 01, 2011, 08:02:04 PM »
 :P Dayumn..Your'e talking about stairs,right?Should have seen this one coming..Anyways,ive done the subweapon anims already. And i think a roll would be more suitable? Just to avoid danger? make her invincible when doing so hu?

Such as this?could also be used for a double jump.. ;)
« Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 08:25:14 PM by Donoffrio »

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #188 on: October 01, 2011, 08:45:40 PM »
The subweapon animations look alright. And the roll/doublejump looks great. :)

But yeah, we're talking stairs. Really can't have a CV game without them sadly.

EDIT

I just noticed for her Belmont walk in the new sheet, you wound up cutting off one of her feet in the first frame. I can fix that myself with the previous sheet, but be a little bit careful while moving the sprites around.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 08:48:58 PM by Mega Man Model T 101 »

Offline Donoffrio

• ladadee~
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #189 on: October 05, 2011, 12:48:34 AM »
 :D hey i was wondering if this custom made combl would be useful in the game? If so,what should be the 3rd combo? :rollseyes:

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #190 on: October 05, 2011, 01:09:17 AM »
IIRC Model T mentioned that his game is going to be Classicvania styled, so I don't think Sonia's going to use any combo moves in the game.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 01:18:29 AM by VladCT »
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline Deko21

• Jack of all trades, master of none
  • Vampire Hunter
  • The world is corrupt
    • Awards
« Reply #191 on: October 05, 2011, 01:21:43 AM »
:D hey i was wondering if this custom made combl would be useful in the game? If so,what should be the 3rd combo? :rollseyes:
For some reason, that reminds me alot of that whip swing from unholy sanctuary when you hold up then attack. It could work as how i said it, least that's how it worked in that game.
"I may not be able to use the whip, but i can still kick your ass!" -Jonathan Morris

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #192 on: October 05, 2011, 11:47:34 AM »
No, I'm sorry Donoffrio but I can't use combos in a CV. Especially one that makes the character go all over the place. Sadly since I can't seem to locate a good CV engine for game maker, and since I don't know if I can even use the one being worked on here since it's entirely being 8-Bit based, I'm gonna have to do my best with Games Factory. Also since the Games Factory can't really use stairs, I guess we don't need those sprites.

Offline Sonic_Reaper

• The Elusive
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Dorian Tokici
    • Awards
« Reply #193 on: October 05, 2011, 03:41:02 PM »
This is going to sound rediculous, but I created an original CV character back in ~2003 for Castlevania Online named Sofia Renard.  For some reason, it bothers me a little bit that your character is named Sophia.  If I ever decide to do something with the Sofia character, it may get a bit confusing having two fan characters named Sophia/Sofia.  But, again, they're both fan characters, so it's not like I have a "legitimate" concern, but it does bother me for some reason.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #194 on: October 05, 2011, 04:09:34 PM »
Sadly since I can't seem to locate a good CV engine for game maker, and since I don't know if I can even use the one being worked on here since it's entirely being 8-Bit based, I'm gonna have to do my best with Games Factory.

That's just the graphics, dude. Once it's done you'll be able to use it with minimal extra programing. My game, which is based on that engine, will have additional functionality like slopes, an simple menu, and common Simon moves from SCV4.
Remember, the quality of the graphics are irrelevant to the engine itself. It's still a 32-bit windows program under the hood.
"Stuff and things."

Tags:

anything