Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: CV fangame that needs just one thing to get off the ground  (Read 109760 times)

Offline Mega Man Model T 101

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
Re: CV fangame that needs just one thing to get off the ground
« Reply #210 on: November 13, 2011, 09:57:07 AM »
I apologize for no updates on the project, but I was waiting for the Nes Castlevania engine to be finished.

But here's a bit of a deciding point. For the time being, should I work on the game in The Games Factory? I have learned a good bit from it, and I have a few programming ideas I could use. Only thing is it won't be able to support MP3s, you'll have to listen to music tracks in winamp or something.

To have the controls work right, I can use Xpadder, so all you'll have to do is use your controller with it.
The Legend shall live again....

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #211 on: November 13, 2011, 11:12:24 AM »
If mp3's won't work what about using another form of media? Something as high-quality as an mp3, but just as small on the storage capacity. I've heard some high quality midi files so you could probably use them, though I don't know if they'd be just as compact.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #212 on: November 13, 2011, 11:28:54 AM »
OGG Vorbis (.ogg) might be what you'd be looking for if mp3 doesn't work.

Offline Donoffrio

• ladadee~
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - First Place 2014-10-Halloween Sprite Contest 2nd Place Award One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #213 on: November 27, 2011, 09:04:18 PM »
Just a heads up bro..I might improvise the Sopphia sheet cuz i've seen a few assortments of shading that i just don't feel good about.. :D

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #214 on: November 29, 2011, 10:20:38 AM »
Mannnn... nobody uses MIDI anymore...
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #215 on: November 29, 2011, 12:26:30 PM »
Just a heads up bro..I might improvise the Sopphia sheet cuz i've seen a few assortments of shading that i just don't feel good about.. :D

Really? Alright then. Also I've been really busy so I haven't gotten to editing the stairs sheet yet, or anything.(Let alone even ATTEMPT a running animation.)

But once the sheet if officially finished, perhaps we can submit it to serio to use in his game? Might be nice to play her in two places.

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #216 on: November 29, 2011, 04:03:08 PM »
But once the sheet if officially finished, perhaps we can submit it to serio to use in his game? Might be nice to play her in two places.
Sorry, but I don't think Serio's too keen on the idea of having OCs running around in his game.
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline Donoffrio

• ladadee~
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - First Place 2014-10-Halloween Sprite Contest 2nd Place Award One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #217 on: December 02, 2011, 11:49:23 PM »
 :-X I'm with VladCT on this one..Serio won't be too happy with it i'm afraid..
You guys know what?I just recently browsed thru the mugen community and there was a topic abt Serio's game,one thing that i'm not to keen at is Serio's gender..they referred to Serio as a ''she''..
Not that i am sexist or anything,just curious.. :(
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 11:54:00 PM by Donoffrio »

Offline Pemburu Vampir

• Nameless
  • Legendary Hunter
  • I can speak Engrish fluently.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #218 on: December 03, 2011, 02:24:29 AM »
And I called Serio as a "he" on my PoR hack.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
« Reply #219 on: December 03, 2011, 04:07:21 AM »
In reality serio is really a girl. She usually doesn't mention it though. Perhaps feels the need to hide it? Never felt to ask why.

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #220 on: December 03, 2011, 04:33:09 AM »
In reality serio is really a girl. She usually doesn't mention it though. Perhaps feels the need to hide it? Never felt to ask why.
*Record Needle Scratch*
OH MY STARS AND COMETS!
Wait, how did you know in the first place?
« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 04:37:06 AM by VladCT »
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
« Reply #221 on: December 03, 2011, 05:57:55 AM »
Good Lord...if Serio actually is a woman, I...I don't know what to think. Over at Redrum's old place I always did the old Gunlord "prunyuu~/glompz/hugz/rubz/" thing under the assumption that Serio was a guy. It really changes things if thats not the case o-o

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #222 on: December 03, 2011, 10:43:19 AM »
So I just went and asked on his sorry, her site. Haven't received an answer yet but please prepare a Water of Life for me just in case. :-X
^^

Offline Donoffrio

• ladadee~
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #223 on: December 03, 2011, 06:14:39 PM »
Why did i even arouse this matter to begin with?..(sigh)..Believe me man,i was in the similar situation as you were yesterday.I also got the same idea of asking Serio personally at ''her'' board. But,i thought about it,knowing how Serio's partner Cyber can react to certain things..I decided NOT to pull off the dick move after all..  :-\
But after seeing what you've done recently,i only can say sorry for bringing the topic at the first place... :-X

Oh MY DARN! YOU JUST RECEIVED CYBER's RESPONSE..
« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 06:18:50 PM by Donoffrio »

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #224 on: December 03, 2011, 06:29:22 PM »
Well, I guess it's just as well I suppose. I can understand not wanting to be swamped with a series of OCs, since generally most of them are legitimately bad. Well, mostly presentation.

"Hey! You should like, totally put my OC in your game! He's got all these moves and skills and yeah!"

Mostly it's idiots like that that make it difficult for people like us. But I digress.

Also Chernabogue, I've sent you a PM, if you're around and read this, please respond when you get the chance.

Another note, I do find it kinda interesting on how it's sometimes usually the female who does the things the best. Like certain artists on DA.

Tags:

anything