Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: CV fangame that needs just one thing to get off the ground  (Read 109789 times)

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Re: CV fangame that needs just one thing to get off the ground
« Reply #195 on: October 05, 2011, 04:54:18 PM »
This is going to sound rediculous, but I created an original CV character back in ~2003 for Castlevania Online named Sofia Renard.  For some reason, it bothers me a little bit that your character is named Sophia.  If I ever decide to do something with the Sofia character, it may get a bit confusing having two fan characters named Sophia/Sofia.  But, again, they're both fan characters, so it's not like I have a "legitimate" concern, but it does bother me for some reason.
Brotha not to give you grief or anything, this DOES sound rediculous. I know about your CV Online and I applaud your progress. Why are you even concerned about it dude? They aren't even spelled the same. Now if the character was designed similar enough to raise an eyebrow that's one thing..but to kinda say well I did my stuff back in 2003 so you can't use that name, well you kinda nailed it on the head with the rediculos thing. I wouldn't sweat it too much.

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline Mega Man Model T 101

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #196 on: October 05, 2011, 05:58:43 PM »
That's just the graphics, dude. Once it's done you'll be able to use it with minimal extra programing. My game, which is based on that engine, will have additional functionality like slopes, an simple menu, and common Simon moves from SCV4.
Remember, the quality of the graphics are irrelevant to the engine itself. It's still a 32-bit windows program under the hood.

Could you direct me to the download so I can try and use it? It'd probably help me out greatly if I could make this properly.
The Legend shall live again....

Offline Sonic_Reaper

• The Elusive
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Dorian Tokici
    • Awards
« Reply #197 on: October 05, 2011, 05:59:09 PM »
I wasn't implying plagiarism.  I think both characters existing in the fandom with similar first names might cause some confusion.  But maybe it isn't that big of a deal, I don't know.

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #198 on: October 05, 2011, 06:08:10 PM »
I wasn't implying plagiarism.  I think both characters existing in the fandom with similar first names might cause some confusion.  But maybe it isn't that big of a deal, I don't know.

I honestly don't think it'll be that big of a deal. Seriously, I didn't even know you had a character named so closely. Just, relax. I don't think there will be any confusion because their designs and back stories will be highly different. Not to mention I'm going with a stage my stage thing, with little bits of dialogue here and there.

If I can have it work in game maker, I'll add the stage select option for when you beat each stage, you can go back to them later if you wish.

Offline Sonic_Reaper

• The Elusive
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Dorian Tokici
    • Awards
« Reply #199 on: October 05, 2011, 09:40:31 PM »
There is no need to tell me to relax, I am perfectly relaxed.  I was more or less unsure how to feel about the name similarities, in the end.

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #200 on: October 05, 2011, 11:05:31 PM »
There is no need to tell me to relax, I am perfectly relaxed.  I was more or less unsure how to feel about the name similarities, in the end.
You could avoid all the confusion and just change the name of your character to a cooler name...just a thought...

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #201 on: October 05, 2011, 11:37:43 PM »
Could you direct me to the download so I can try and use it? It'd probably help me out greatly if I could make this properly.

This is the engine TheoAegis is working on. It's a pretty early version and he's hard at work on the next version that is more fully featured. I'd probably just wait for the next one to come out, but this will give you an idea of what's to come.

http://castlevaniadungeon.net/forums/index.php/topic,3460.0.html
"Stuff and things."

Offline Donoffrio

• ladadee~
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - First Place 2014-10-Halloween Sprite Contest 2nd Place Award One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #202 on: October 10, 2011, 12:46:10 AM »
Hey MMMT101, Im just a few steps away from finishing the sprites..but i don't feel like finishing my journey and somebody otta finish em for me..If you wanna try,its fairly simple,just slim richter's legs into something woman like and recolor em! 8)

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #203 on: October 12, 2011, 01:34:49 PM »
I'll see what I can do, but you've been a MONDO help! You have my utmost gratitude.

Also I can't believe I forgot to show you guys this, but I made this with the Games Factory!

One of my many attempts at fangaming. The best boss I ever did

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #204 on: October 12, 2011, 01:47:34 PM »
Valis! :D
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #205 on: October 12, 2011, 03:16:30 PM »
Where are those caped girl sprites from?

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #206 on: October 12, 2011, 04:18:25 PM »
They from the Lena sprites from Valis IV. I edited Lena to look like Deedlit from Record of Lodoss war. I simply changed the coloring, edited the boots a little, and while you can see em, I added elf ears, and I made the cape myself. I'm pretty happy with how the sprite came out.

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #207 on: October 12, 2011, 04:32:17 PM »
I'll see what I can do, but you've been a MONDO help! You have my utmost gratitude.

Also I can't believe I forgot to show you guys this, but I made this with the Games Factory!

One of my many attempts at fangaming. The best boss I ever did
Ha! Classic!

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #208 on: October 31, 2011, 12:27:12 PM »
Any news on this project? Howzit goin? ;o

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #209 on: November 12, 2011, 02:39:30 PM »
Any news on this project? Howzit goin? ;o
Yep it's been a cool minute, but so on mine as well....I would like to know the status of this project too...

Tags: